April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

I am so mad for not taking any pictures but we had a great Easter weekend!

First off, I'm either really dumb or I am just going to blame it on my parents...:) Embarrassed to say, the term "Good Friday" was something new for me this year. I guess growing up in Idaho and being around the LDS religion my whole life, Good Friday was left out. Since we don't focus on the death of Jesus Christ but rather the resurrection and that He Lives, "Good Friday" at my house was never really mentioned (or else I never paid attention). I mean, don't let me confuse you that i don't know what happened on "Good Friday", that's not it at all, I just never have heard the term Good Friday.

Living in Oklahoma has really been great for me because it has opened my eyes and perspective of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I love all the missionary experiences there are out here. It is nice having neighbors and friends that have the strongest testimony of our Savior and live their life full of service and giving. I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I'm also extremely grateful that I was able to gain a body and live in this wonderful world with the saving power of the atonement witch was made possible by our Savior.

Saturday we had a really nice time outside with Bullet and his new best friend Kiya. Cassie's Dad came down for Easter weekend and brought his dog Kiya, a Miniature Australian Sheppard. It was the third time they have played together and they love it. We fished at our pond (didn't catch anything, but it was fun), played hide and seek with Bullet in the trees, and went to Eskimo Joes. Sunday we had an awesome Easter dinner. Cassie's dad brought a delicious ham and we had my favorite Won Ton Chicken Salad, yummy mashed potatoes, and biscuits. I ate way to much just with the real food and then on top of that I ate enough desert to last a year. Needless to say, it's my goal to work out every day this week. :)
I hope you all had a great Easter weekend as well. What a great time to reflect on the Savior.

2 comments:

Danna said...

I am looking forward to having some of those missionary experiences when we move. I'm sure I will get a real eye opener, but it will be good for us!

p.s. I am pretty sure you don't need to work out every day this week just for eating too much dessert. You are as skinny as a pole! If that's the case, I better work out everyday for the next 2 years for how much junk I eat during the day :)

Aubrey said...

Happy Easter!